Thursday 23 October 2008

Life in a get rich quick world

Yesterday I spent a day doing some court reporting, now although I cannot speak about the actual cases, I'm sure I can mention the theme that seemed to be running through most of the cases.

Most of the cases were for just minor offences, however many of the people were in court for some kind of get rich quick scame.

Now what I found so unbelievable, (and quite funny to be honest,) were the fact that people had been silly enough to even try such schemes.

To be fair, I can completely understand why people would be tempted to try such things, but the idea of jail should immediately knock some quick sense into people.

If people are in such dire straits and really need money, there are many ways to achieve that agenda.

If you are really short of money, there are many jobs out there that can solve that problem, although they may not be as glamorous as you would like, but beggars cannot be choosers.

To me people who fall foul of the law for simply succumbing to get rich quick schemes, which is basically cheating and stealing from people, are just lazy.

They are too lazy to get that extra job to make the extra money needed, and therefore decide to just cheat people.

Maybe Britain should stop catering to these lazy people by handing out money through benefits, and instead encourage them to try and help themselves.

Everyone else in the world has seemed to manage getting a job, so please tell me what's wrong with the percentage of people that find it just a little too taxing.

No comments: