Thursday 2 October 2008

British Personal Hygene, Non-Existent

The lack of personal hygiene in this country still surprises me, no matter how often I am bombarded with the smells.

Last night I went to see a friend of mine play a gig for the first time. Now while I was immensely impressed with his performance, the state of the bar's toilets left me, how shall we say, slightly sick to my stomach.

Now the universal consensus is that girls are slightly more hygienic than our male counterparts, so if this is the case, why is it that the girls toilets always seems to be the most smelly places in the world and filled with hidden surprises in each cubicle.


On many occasions I've been so afraid of catching syphilis or some other horrid disease that I've attempted to brave the shocked stares of the boys toilets.

I cannot fathom what possesses a person to be unable to flush a toilet, aim at least in the general direction of the toilet bowl or any other modes of bathroom etiquette.


It's even amounted to me drinking less so that I may be able to miss out on the battle in the bathroom.

A message for the British public and all the women who seem to leave their personal etiquette as well as their common sense at home, please remember to flush.

No comments: