Saturday 22 November 2008

Was There Ever A Mother Like Karen Matthews


It still astounds me that any parent could even contemplate planning the abduction of their own child for financial gain.

I always thought that a parent's love was unconditional and priceless, but it seems I was wrong in the case of Karen Matthews.

It is a shame that Shannon now has to live with the fact that not only will she be separated from her mother, but also that she was nothing but a bank check to her.

I also wonder just what drove Karen to even think about trying to fake her daughter's kidnapping. Was she really in that much of a financial situation where she thought that lying to the police and the public sounded smart.

I will pray for Shannon and her family because there will be trying times when the truth of what happened fully comes out, and I really hope that Karen thinks it was worth it.

No comments: